Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos - Swapping Row to Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

yenfen

Programmer
Sep 2, 2003
US
Hi,
I'm not sure whether to do this in Impromptu or Powerplay?
I created a report like this

Job Security 147 48 38
Satisfied 17 21 12
Neutral 13 8 3
Dissatisfied 117 19 23
Fairness 150 60 16
Satisfied 68 33 1
Neutral 70 8 4
Dissatisfied 12 19 11

However, I want to summarize the report as follow:

Satisfied Neutral Dissatisfied
Job security 147 48 38
Fairness 150 60 16

Can anyone please help ASAP?
Thank you so much!!!

Yenfen,
If you say you want to sumarrize the report as shown..then you should use powerplay..though impromptu can still do it....all i see in the report is that you are displaying only Job security and Fairness....but powerplay can easily do that

Thanks,
Tusky
IT/Programmer

Hi,
I tried to use Powerplay but it won't sum correctly. Other than Fairness and Job security, I have a list of 27 categories.

Oops forgot to mention that Satified, Neutral and Unsatisfied comes from the categories. Example: if you double click on Fairness in Powerplay it will bring up satisifed, neutral and Unsatisifed.

This report is easily done in Impromptu than powerplay. The report does not have many dimensions that you would want to slice and dice or use all the other features in powerplay. I do not know your table structure but try the impromptu crosstab reporting feature.

Hi,
I'm trying to do this report in Impromptu by building a crosstab. I don't know how to get it set up correctly.
Please help. Thank you!!!

Hi,
It's a single table called Employee Satisfaction.
Here is what the table contains:

Employee No
Job Security
Fairness
Mission
etc

Example data:

Customer No Job Security Fairness Mission
1 2 1 3
2 1 3 2

1= Satisfied
2= Neutral
3= Dissatisfied

Does this answer your question?

Again, Thank you so much!

Hi Yenfen

Your table structure is rather unconventional and I wasn't able to come up with any easy solution in a crosstab. Even if you wanted to do this in powerplay, it would be very complicated wherein you would have to create 27 IQDs one for each category.

I hope somebody comes up with a novel method.

I would rather have a more conventional table structure as;

EMPLOYEE NO
CATEGORY
SATISFACTION LEVEL

I would be interested to know if and how you crack it.

I am sorry to let you down :-(.

Thanks nagrajm :) You didn't let me down, I do realize the table structure is badly designed. I'm going to try to redesign it if possible because I didn't create the original one. If you think of anything else please let me know :)

Thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back