Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos ReportNet1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohandw

Programmer
Apr 22, 2004
US
I am using Cognos ReportNet1.1. There is a model with two tables coming from two different data sources. Using that model I have generated two different queries for getting the count of something for each table. Using those two queries from two different data sources(oracle and db2).
I want:
count(something with some conditions) from query1 coming from oracle + count(something with some conditions) from query2 coming from db2.

can we do that using Cognos ReportNet1.1 ?

I am able to get the sum from a single/multiple queries from same datasource, but not able to get the sum from two different queries coming from different datasources ?. I contacted Cognos support also, but presently they have no answer to it.
Does any body know any solution?.

I guess it depends on whether the 2 queries have anything in common. Are you trying to get, say, product count from 2 different databases of products, or a count of products from one, and a count of employees from the other.

Framework manager doesn't have a standard query subject feature for doing a "union" of tables, it's more about joins. You can create a union by coding the SQL of a Query subject yourself.

If i had a products table on one db with product# 1 - 2000 and a product types of A,B,C...and I had another db with product# A200 - Z400 with product type DD,GG,HH i'd do create a query subject with hard coded SQL doing a union between the 2 two tables...and then i'd run a report filtering on the product types that I wanted included.
( by the way, whenever I want to count records I usualy create a query item with the value '1' in it for doing record counts)

I'm not sure if this helps, maybe you can exppain in more detail about the exact situation you are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back