Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COGNOS MACROS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinmar

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
HK
I am a new user to the Cognos programme and have a couple of questions I would really like to have these questions answered as I am quite stuck.

1. How do I create a macro through cognos and run it through the front end.

2. Can the cognos macro be scheduled and if so how.

thanking you

tinmar,
In a standard installation of Cognos products such as Impromptu and PowerPlay Transformer, the macro script editor and a batch program (Cognos ScriptEditor and Scheduler, respectively) should also have been installed. Check the bin folder of the cer1/cer2/cer3 (depending on your version of Congos) subfolder of where your Cognos programs reside for the exe files edmacro, runmacro and schdl_go. The help files of the programs, plus the pdf documentation (see Documentation subfolder of cer1/cer2/cer3) give a good cover of the two programs - I picked up what I needed from both, together with good old practise and experimentation.
If you are lacking all files, do a re-install - choose custom and select just these programs.
If you are lacking just the documentation and disks, download them from the Cognos website.
lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back