Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Imromptu Existing Report Formatting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjb373

MIS
Feb 4, 2005
US
Tek-Tips community,

We curently are using the old version of Cognos Impromptu Version 7.0.702.0
We have other BI tools now but so much is developed in this it is keep the lights on.

PROBLEM
One of our users is running a report using desktop Impromptu. This report is a formatted report which has grouped values and a count of measure values (calculated fields). Within the report I have a Grand Total section (the report footer) and within that are another set of calculations performing a sum for each of the 9 columns.
The issue is, this user runs the report and the grand total (report footer) calucated fields are moved to the right which doesn't allow them to align correctly with the above report columns and the final column is actually so far right that it is hidden in the Page Layout view.

Any ideas on why this is occuring only for this user? I run the report as well as some team members and none of us are having this issue.

Thanks in advance.

-- JJB373 --

When I've had users with formatting issues, it's due to their Impromptu.ini file (usually in C:\Program Files\Cognos\cer[red]n[/red]\data\bin, where [red]n[/red] is either 2,3,4 or 5 and denotes the version) having some style or object attribute differences.

Worth backing up the user's .ini file and switching in another, working version?

soi là, soi carré

Thank you for the reply. We tried this (I copied my Impromptu.ini file to his location) and it still rendered the same results.

It seems like column width settings may be static vs. dynamic because if you remove a column, the footer section remains the same width and any calculations in that section are hidden as the list area moves to the left.

Any other suggestions with client (PC) based settings or files?

Any other suggestions are welcomed as well.

-- JJB373 --

Has the user tried running the report on another PC? Or have you (or another team member) run the report on the user's PC?
Assuming that the report is centrally-stored, such should determine whether the issue is due to local settings or user permissions/settings.

soi là, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back