Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Impromptu integration to MS Access using VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrixharrison

Technical User
Mar 15, 2005
CA
Hi,

I would like to first say that this site is great and the people here are amazing. Anyway I am wondering if it is possible to integrate Impromptu with MS Access, have VBA open and run imr reports and return back the results as an MS Access table.

Even something similar like this will be ok, like saving imr results to excel if I cant pull it into an access table.
------------------------------
Set objPPRep = CreateObject("CognosPowerPlay.Report")
Me.lblcaption.Caption = "running process 1 0f 4, Better Choice Bundles.xls"
With objPPRep.Open("C:\dir\PPlay1.ppr")
Me.ProgressBar3.Value = 25
objPPRep.SaveAs ("D:\dir\PPlay1.xls"), 4
Set objPPRep = Nothing
End With
Me.lblcaption.Caption = "PPlay1.xls created, Progress 25%"
'End With
-----------------------

The thing is because I do not have admin rights to create macros on impromptu but I really need to massage the data for reporting purposes and hence need to bring it to access. So can anyone help me out writing a vba code to pull these imr results to ms access? I have alot of impromptu reports to run in the morning hence I really really need them automated.

Thanks

Maybe in your organization you do need admin rights to create macros. Are you sure you cannot get to Cognos -> Tools ->Cognos script editor? In Explorer it would be something like C:\Program Files\Cognos\cer?\bin\runmac32.exe. I don't want to get you into trouble, but at our place we allow users to run scheduler and macros.

Hmmmmm, maybe we shouldn't. :)

Think you mean C:\Program Files\Cognos\cer?\bin\edmacro32.exe don't you?

Yes, navshiv, I did mean "edmacro32", since he wants to create a macro.

Thanks for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back