Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Imp. version 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonbill40

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2005
US
My issue is that I need to pull a csv file that is formatted using a "|"(pipe) instead of a comma for the delimitter and I need to tell it not to put quotes around strings. Easy enough to do from using file, save as, file type .csv, then click options and set this info. BUT, I am wanting to use scheduler to automate this task, and I noticed that the .csv "options" button is not avail from scheduler and the file attributes for the .csv format don't save with the file. They always default back to using quotes and a comma for the delimitter. I would suspect that there is a way to do this through code or maybe alter an ini file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Shannon

Shannon,
One way of doing this would be to use a Cognos Macro and call that from scheduler.

There is a function 'ExportASCII' which can be used to set the options in an export from Impromptu for inclusion of Header, use of quotes, delimiter and EOL.

The Cognos Script editor should be in the 'bin' subfolder of your cognos install and is called 'edmacro32.exe'. The help facility is very good and contains a worked example using the function. Additionally, you should have a pdf in the 'documentation' sub-folder called cgspmac.pdf which is a comprehensive explanation of cognos macros. Whilst you're in that folder, have a look also at schd_mac.pdf, which describes using macros in Scheduler.

lex

soi la, soi carré

Thank you very much. I was able to setup the export and it works perfectly now from the scheduler using the macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back