Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Governance / best practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

becks774

Programmer
Jun 25, 2007
Hi All,

We are migrating from Crystal Enterprise to Cognos. No one at our company really has a lot of Cognos experience (we've done some training). We have a consultant in but want to look at different ideas too.

I was hoping some of y'all could share your best practices, policies, and/or governance models.

Any ideas, thoughts or warnings would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Becca

SQL/MDX issue

In the report studio, in the menu under tools->show generated sql/mdx, when the query is genenrated i want to edit it, how can i edit this for the whole report.

individual query wise i am able to edit it by convert option, but thr is not option for the full report.

Thks in advance

REgards

Sujatha

Sujatha,

You should open a new thread instead of replying to a totally different one. That is the way to attract attention to your issue..

Editing the query manually would be an option if the query is a straight SQL type. If it involves a metadata layer (like a framework package) then you should fix it there..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back