Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcfMike

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2007
US
I've noticed this on one report.

I have a report with sections. The formatting between the sections is different, when the report is ran in html mode. By that, I mean the column widths don't stay a consistent size. It makes the report look sloppy.

I've only noticed this on this report and I'm not sure why, and ideas?

Sounds like the columns are auto-sizing based on the column content. So if the largest data item in section 1 is 10 char then the column sizes around that. If section 2 has a data item that is 20 char long then the column sizes around that and is larger than section 1.

Manually size the column to a fixed width. Might want to do all the columns to make sure.

I ended up having to manually size 3 columns to get it to work. That was the first time I have run into that problem. I assumed that Cognos would keep the report consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back