Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Express Errors - Can we disable cursors??

Status
Not open for further replies.

boydk68

Technical User
Mar 9, 2012
US
Hi, I'm new to Cognos Express, and I'm trying to complete a proof-of-concept internally in our lab for a customer that uses this product. I have downloaded the demo version of Cognos Express 9.5.

I work for a columnar database software company that is a MySQL storage engine with a MySQL front end, and that is the backend for this POC.

So scenario is:
Cognos Reporting Studio > MySQL ODBC 5.1 > MySQL Columnar Database

It is important to note: I am working with Reporter Studio only, not Framework Manager.

I am receiving the following errors when trying to run this simple select off one dimension table:

select sum(`customer`.`c_custkey`) as "c_custkey"
from `customer` `customer`

When I validate report to view the error details, it provides me with the following information:

An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlPrepareWithOptions' status='-9'.

or other times it returns

UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "prepare".
[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.1.39]

RQP-DEF-0177 An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlPrepareWithOptions' status='-9'.
UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "prepare".
[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.1.39]

UDA-SQL-0114 The cursor supplied to the operation "APICursor::OpenResult" is inactive.

RSV-VAL-0004 Unable to find query information for the item c_custkey.

In other words, it's not consistent.

Every now and then, it will return a result when I view in pdf, but most times it just errors out.

Against a MySQL backend with the same dimension table and select statement, it works everytime.

I think it has something to do with cursors, which we do not support, but I'm not sure. Does Cognos use cursors for all queries? If so, is there a way to disable this? I have tried to set different options and combo of options in ODBC settings but nothing works. I have tried to create query of custom SQL, but that does not resolve the issue either.

Not sure what is going on. Can someone please assist me? Cognos does not appear to support native JDBC vs. ODBC for MySQL front end. Is this correct?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back