Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos Connection splash ReportNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sys2674

Programmer
Jun 24, 2005
US
Hi
I have Installed Reportnet1.1 MR2
Windows 2003,SQL 2000,IIS
Downlaod JRE1.3.1_07 Environment Variable set to this JRE.
But later it gave error of,So i changed my system Variable to Jre that comes with ReportNet.
I get Crypotgraphy Error

when i tried Cognos Connection Screen splash for a sec and then i get page not found.

Pls let me know how to handle this

Thanks
SYS2674

I'm having the same error and have not found a workaround yet. Anyone else see this and have a solution?

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
Magic with Data [pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

Hi griffindm

I had copy of update .jar files. i cut the orignal and pasted the updated one.
I Removed these four files Sunjce_Provide.jar,Us_export_policy.jar,local_policy.jar and Jce1_2_1.jar
Pasted New of them Jce1.2.2 ,us_export....the updated one.
You will get it on Cognos support (Updates).

Stoped and started Reportnet services.Saved the File Was Happy I did not get Crypotgrapy error.
Again i stopped ad started the service.of both IIS and Reportnet.

and in browser i gave it worked
Let me know if you need anything else

planning to install Frame work anger

Sys2674

You need to download new JCE files from Cognos. They come with an info file specifying where you need to put them.

Vlad

For those of you who received the official patch on the cd, together with other congos products, after running the patch, remove the old jce1_2_1.jar manually, or you will still encounter the encryption error.

Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back