Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 8: Drill-through

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelledaems

Programmer
Nov 13, 2006
BE
Dear sir/madam,

I have created a report in report studio based on a cube. i have dragged a dimension to the first column and the users can drill down or up.

Then I have created another report with that same dimension in.

Now the idea is that you first drill down in report 1 and click on an image that takes care of the drill-through to report 2.

Report 2 is expecting a string to be passed along that looks like this:

[Branch_B_SECBE_Cube].[All Districts].[All Districts].[All Districts]->:[PC].[@MEMBER].[UnitId]

or at other levels it can also look like this:

[Branch_B_SECBE_Cube].[All Districts].[All Districts].[Region]->:[PC].[@MEMBER].[V]

In report 1 I have created a data item with the following calculation:

roleValue('_memberUniqueName',[All Districts (total)])

And this gives back exactly the string that report 2 is expecting, but despite that it is still asking me for a parameter when drilling through to report 2. What am I doing wrong?

In the drill-through menu, I've selected the right target, I can see my parameter and I've chosen Pass data item value and then I have selected my calculation.

Shouldn't this work?

Kind regards
jelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back