Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 8...Can't connect Contect Store to MSQL 2005 Express databse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olivia123

MIS
Apr 19, 2007
US

I've installed Cognos 8 and MSSQL 2005 Express on my personal computer and cannot connect Content Store to MSSQL..

I've tried everything I was told...

1. Enable TCP/IP (1433) and Named Pipes in SQL Server, by default they are disabled (and restarted)..I'm using localhost
2.Created succesfully a database cmm_create_db.cmd
3.Downloaded SQLExpress with a mixed authentication (Windows and SQL) tried connecting using both...
4.Set up databse collation sequence as Latin_1_CI_AS

Please if anyone installed this before, let me know if there is anything I'm missing, I've been trying to figure out this problem for 2 days already...

Thank you

When you created your Content Manager connection in Cognos Configuration, did you use the allready present default, or did you remove it and recreated it using an sql native connection?
Is your sql instance running on default port 1433?

Stefan

Olivia

Apparantly, the port for 2005 Express is randomly assigned and can be viewed through the SQL Server Config Manager.

Under Network Config and on the IP addresses tab, is TCP Dynamic Ports, this value is the one which you will need to connect the Content Store on.

I think the port can be changed to 1433, but have not tried it.

Hope it helps

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back