Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 8 Authentication Against Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarman75

Programmer
Apr 20, 2011
GB
Hi,

First I'll apologise for not knowing anything about Cognos. I'm just someone who is trying to solve a problem in our department after hearing lord knows how many people complain about it (without doing anything).

Background: In our company Cognos has been setup, but all the people who set it up are no longer here. It is using single sign on against Active Directory.

Our problem is that no-one knows which group or groups in Active Directory are set to allow people to log into Cognos. I was thinking that Cognos would be configured to point to a OU in AD and allow any users underneath that OU.

What I'd like to know is how can I find out what groups are allowing this single sign on? I was hoping it would be in a configuration file or held somewhere in the Cognos application.

Thanks.

Check the security part of Cognos administration to check which user groups and roles are coupled to which AD entities.
Cognos security is pretty complex, so you need to read some parts of the admin guide to understand where to look.

If you cannot access cognos administration through the Cognos connection portal then you have insufficient rights. If everybody can access administration then this can be due to the fact that the standard Cognos user everyone has not been removed from roles and groups..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back