Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 8 & Siteminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veejc

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
US
Hi all, I've seen some older posts with people inquiring about Siteminder and SSO, but I see no answers/responses to them. I am using Cognos 8 and my company would like to implement SSO through our portal, however I am hearing many different recommendations from Cognos so I am reaching out here to see what other people may have done. One support person says to use Access Manager even though we have no previous install, this is brand new to this company so they have not had AM in the past, and using that almost seems to be adding another layer where we really dont' need it since it's only an interface to our Active Directory anyway, right?

Another support person is now telling me not to use it for the very same reason I thought, he said it's just not necessary.

So, that's my question. If you have Siteminder, what was your strategy like? Especially if you have v8 I'd like to chat with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back