Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 7 Macros failing Authentication through Windows 2000 Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

meraidiv

MIS
Feb 20, 2013
CA
Hello,

I am supporting Cognos 7.1 Version 2 reports on Windows 2000 Server. We have scheduled macros using Windows 2000 scheduler. This settings have been working for us for last 9 years. Since last week the macros started failing at authenication.

objImpApp.OpenCatalog CatalogPath,"cognosuser"

If the macros are to run manually they are running successfully. I have a feeling that windows scheduler is not passing the right user credentials but I am not sure how to resolve this.

It would be helpful if anyone has any ideas or suggestions to share.

Thanks

Sounds like the Cognos logon server is not running/starting on reboot. You should see a little yellow key in the bottom right hand corner of the server screen.

If so, read this document:

"Since last week..." - did the failure coincide with the server being restarted/updated/patched?

soi là, soi carré

I do see the yellow key but we stil re tried registring the winlogonserver.exe. It did not work. Yes the issues started after the reboot. There were some patches added to this server the day after the reboot.

Do you have OS sign-on for the namespace added to the user profile, under which the server starts/reboots, in Access Manager?

soi là, soi carré

Since the issue began after reboot, rather than patches, I'd be working on the profile with which the server starts. It's been a long time since I ran 7.1, but recall using a registry hack to retain user credentials on the nightly reboot - possibly described in .

soi là, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back