Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 7 Access Manager Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney786

Programmer
Aug 7, 2000
GB
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a access manager security issue I am currently experiencing.

I have three servers

1. running 7.4 transformer with access manager 7.4
2. running 7.4.4 access manager & is my web server
3. running 7.4.4 transformer with access manager 7.4.4

When I import the .lea file onto the new server with 7.4.4 the file imports fine. However when I pull a model for server 1 and try to open it complains about security. When I remove the security from the original model and copy and build on server 3 it works fine.

However it is paramount that scurity is in place.

Thanks

Sid

Any reason why you don't have just one server doing the security?

soi là, soi carré

I have a current low performance server, I'm building 80 plus cubes over month end.

The additional server is to increase performance and load balance builds.

Thanks

Sid

Point remains - why not just one server as a Directory Server to authenticate against rather than LAE files? Checking security at the start of a cube build is not lengthy process.

soi là, soi carré

Hi,

I have never configured a multi-server environment before.
Also we have different versions of cognos 7 running on different machines, i.e. 7.4.0, 7.4.1 & 7.4.4.

One the current build server there are two default access manager profiles, which I never seen before.

The current web server we have profile 2 running in access manager.

On 2nd build server i try to authenticate the profile 2 against the model, it fails as the models holds profile 1.

I know confusing..when i try to import the lae file containing profile 1, it errors stating namespace out of sink 15.2 should be 16???

If i can irradicate this by setting up directory server, please can you provide suggestions on configuration.

Thx

Sid

If you have a spare server on the network and the permission of the Network admin, I'd try installing the Cognos Directory Server on it, load it with the 15.2 .lae file and then try pointing each of your other servers to it for authentication to verify all will work. From memory, newer versions of 7.4 will authenticate to 15.2, but older ones won't against 16, so you need to work from the older version of the lae.

Have a look at 2 pdfs in the documentation folder of your install - ug_inst_cnfg.pdf & accessadm.pdf

soi là, soi carré

Thx for you advice

I resolved the issue by:
Configuring DS on the new machine pointing it to primary server
Upgrading the Access manager profile to 16.0
Making some tweeks to config manager.

Bingo works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back