Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cognos 10.2 Cube Designer Time Dimension!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sconti11

Technical User
Jan 31, 2011
US
I have created a dynamic cube that contains a Time dimension. The time dimension is utilizing 2 data tables which are joined on a key within the Implementation tab of the time dimension. After building the levels within the time dimension, I loaded the members, and everything looks great.

When I publish the cube from Cube Designer, I select 'Additional Options', which allows me to add the cube to the default dispatcher and start the dynamic cube. But i get the following error: XQE-ROL-0061 Execution of the command "startCubes" on the cube "Actuals DC" failed. Please see the log for more details.

So I went to the Query Service to see what is happening there, the cube is showing unavailable..when I attempt to start the cube here, I get the following error: Cube start failed XQE-GEN-0002 An unexpected exception occurred.

When I remove the time dimension from the cube, the cube will publish fine with no issues. So I am very perplexed as to what is causing this issue or how to resolve it.

PLEASE ADVISE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back