Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cogno 8.4.1 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

CognosTalk

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
CA
what can it be when on the congos server i can open the url with the localhost only, but when substituting localhost with the valid server name it is not coming up. it is not crashing, it just hangs....

I guess it comes from the IIS configuration, maybe someone knows exactly where to set it up?

It works perfectly with the local host, but i need to be able to put the server name, since it will be distributed environment.

Thanks,
MK

Opening the URL on the server is not a good test. For some vague reason testing on the server is no substitute for a client test. In some cases it seems to help when you use the full qualified path (both in Cognos configuration and in addressing the URI from the browser)..

Ties Blom

It was an empty directory on IIS that was redirecting nowhere. I deleted this directory and now it works fine on the server and from my computer….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back