Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code39 print out of parameters entered

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCL2007

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2007
US
Just trying to do something very simple. Have parameters for 2 text fields to be entered, field1 and field2. I just want to print code39 barcodes of those values.

If I just use the Stringtocode39 function STRINGTOCODE39({?field1}) and similar for field2, and set the font to a code39 font, my output looks like +F+I+E+L+D+1

What am I doing wrong?

You don't need a function. Just add the start and end characters: "*"&{table.field1}&"*

Thanks Charliy,
MAybe it's the version of CR I am using (XI R2), but if I don't use a function, I don't get a readable barcode? If I put that in a formula, "*"&{table.field1}&"*" , and use a Code39 font, I don't get a readable barcode unless I use STRINGTOCODE39 or one of the other functions?

I'm using the same version and use my method all the time. I use the font Free3of9.

If it looks right in a normal font ( *12345* ) then changing the font should not cause a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back