Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code128 Number to String ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjonessi

Programmer
Jul 9, 2007
US
Hello,
I am not an expert in this 128 barcode, but we had this consultant who is supposely fix this problem, is no longer available.

We have program created to input information to Access db and Crystal Report XI to print out label. I have formula for primary barcode, it starts with H (for HIBC) then numbers. This is the formula: BarcodeC128A({BarCodeTable.PrimaryBarCode}) - I can scan this.
I have formula for PO # and it has numbers in it and I can't get it to scan. This is the formula: BarCodeC128A({BarCodeTable.QtyToShip})
At first I had error, so I converted it to string and it still doesn't work. This is the formula: BarCodeC128A(ToText({BarCodeTable.QtyToShip})) - I cannot scan this.

I don't know what other information you would need to help me solve this problem. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Please post the actual text string that you are trying to convert. Assuming that there are no odd special characters in the string, I would try increasing the field size in Crystal and see if that works.

good luck.
Tom

Changing the font from Code128 to Code128Wide solved this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back