Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

code to resize web PDF window upon opening 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulajune

Technical User
Feb 20, 2004
US
Hi, Folks.

I did a Google search on this as well as searching this forum and couldn't find an answer. I know that I can set up .htm files to open at a particular size with this code: onLoad="resizeTo(X,Y);".

Is there a similar code to prompt a PDF to open to a smaller size than it does automatically? And where does the code go? I'd like the result to be a whole page view (single page/fit page), but I want to limit the window size. If there's no code to do this, is there a box or something that can be checked in Acrobat for the particular PDF file? I investigated a little with weird results for what I tried that seemed logical.

Thanks so much,
Paula

not possible. what you are trying to do is possible if you embedd the pdf in a viewer but controlling the pdf is not possible.

Darryn Cooke
| Marketing and Creative Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back