Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

code to open a report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dday01

Technical User
Feb 1, 2002
US
Hi All,

I am working on a form with a couple of list boxes on it. I want the values chosen to drive the criteria of a report that comes up. The Do command to open the report opens fine with the one criteria in the where clause, however when I add the "and" part I get a type mismatch when bringing the report up. Here is my code:

If Me.List7 <> &quot;ALL&quot; Then
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , &quot;arepsec = '&quot; & Me.List7 & &quot;'&quot; And &quot;submit1 = X &quot;
Else: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview

Can someone tell me what is wrong with the syntax after the &quot;And&quot; ? all I want to do is get records with avalue of &quot;X&quot; for that field.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D

Try

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , &quot;arepsec = '&quot; & Me.List7 & &quot;' And submit1 = 'X'&quot;

Mike Pastore

Hats off to (Roy) Harper

Try this

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , &quot;(arepsec = '&quot; & Me.List7 & &quot;') And (submit1 = X )&quot;

Thanks for the responses,

Mike, I am still getting a type mismatch when I use that code.

cP6uH, When I use that code i get a criteria box that comes up and has an X and is requesting a value, when I then put an X in there I get the results I want.

Thanks for the responses, can you think of any other way to do this?

Thanks,

D

What field is the list box bound to? What data type is the bound field?

Mike Pastore

Hats off to (Roy) Harper

Hi Mike,

The field submit1 is a a simple text field from a table.

Thanks,

D

Ok, you are going to need to debug this. Put a STOP in the code before the IF statement.

In your code window type

?me.list7

Make sure you get a text value back.

If so, try this shortened code:

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , &quot;arepsec = '&quot; & Me.List7 & &quot;'&quot;

does it work?

Mike Pastore

Hats off to (Roy) Harper

Hi Mike this works, the staement functions fine with the first criteria, (report opens withe the correct records. It is after I add the: And &quot;submit1 = X &quot; that I get the type mismatch message coming up.

Your help is appreciated.

D

What data type is submit1? Check the table in design mode to make sure.

Mike Pastore

Hats off to (Roy) Harper

Sorry for not reponding yesterday, but here I am today, so try this:

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , &quot;(arepsec = '&quot; & Me.List7 & &quot;') And (submit1 = 'X' )&quot;

Hope it helps.

cP6uH,

Holy no &quot;Type mismatch error&quot; Batman, it works! Thanks alot, Thanks for your help also Mike

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back