Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

code to check if a projector has been loaded already

Status
Not open for further replies.

alice20

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
GB
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a bit of scripting that can be put on a CDRom to check if the computer is already running it, and if it is prevent the user from running it on top. Sometimes it takes a while to load on slower machines so people could keep clicking on it and load duplicate versions.

Thanks

Emily

this is something I have never needed to do, my suggestion would be to make a stub file that is fast loading (basically its a blank file that calls your real file) so that something loads instantly.

Could you elaborate on how to do this, do you mean a blank director file first? I have got a preloader, but that takes a while to load.

I did have a bitmap that filled the screen saying that you need shockwave etc for the CD and that there is a readme file on the CD with instructions to install it" that came up before this, while the preloader loaded, the only problem is that it stuck if the user hadn't got shockwave as the projector wouldn't run without it, so they were then unable to get into the CD drive without doing ctrl alt del.

Thanks

Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back