Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code stops in module window

Status
Not open for further replies.

billheath

Technical User
Mar 17, 2000
US
For some reason, my program stops executing and jums to the module window everytime it runs. The execution always stops at the same three points and I have to manually step through the code. It is as if I had put in break points at each line.
I have toggled break points, repaired and compacted the datbase several times. Nothing seems to work.

Help!! Bill Heath

Could you post the code and point out where it is stopping? Also, could you tell us what setting you have set in Tools->Options->General Tab in the Error Checking section? Kathryn

I've had this efffect. It's like Access has a memory that there used to be a breakpoint there. I actually had a customer ring up because the programme stopped in code. I fixed it, I think, by pressing F9 the F8, then stopping execution, then going to design on the form and saving it, and then compiling. Somewhere along the line, the phantom breakpoint went away. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

I finally fixed it. I had to change the code, change it back and then recompile. The ghost breakpoint went away. Crazy!!
Bill

Thanks...

I've had problems with ghost breakpoints before and couldn't understand why M*cr*s*ft didn't have anything on their support page.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back