Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code stops at dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenolos

Technical User
Jul 15, 2004
Howdy,

I'm creating an application that browses through a website and gathers information. When going from page to page it encounters a dialog box asking for some basic information. I have an API function that deals with the dialog box beautifully. The problem I'm having is that when the dialog box is encountered, Access hangs, waiting for it to be dealt with before continuing code execution.

I need to work something out so that my function can be called to deal with the dialog box... but access seems to want the dialog box to be dismissed before it will call the code that dismisses it.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get access to go ahead and run the code to deal with the dialog box?

What about "DoEvents"?

Don't really see how it could help... or how I could implement it in a way to allow the code to continue running.

Code:
With obIE.Document.Frames("main").Document
    .Forms(0).Item("button1").Click
End With

As soon as the button is clicked, Access seems to wait for a response from IE before moving on. I've tried creating another form to wait for the dialog box to appear before it enters the information and clicks "ok" via API, but the code on it seems to stall as well.

I need to guess I need to find a way to tell access to not worry about IE returning anything when the click is preformed. I could do this with Shell and Sendkeys, but I need to run this process with the IE window invisible... so that is not an option.

Anybody out there have any clue on how I could do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back