Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code reverting back to original version after save

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljevans

Technical User
Apr 4, 2001
US
I am using ColdFusion MX. I edit code and save. Refresh page everything is fine. The next time I go back in to the same code, the changeds I made have reverted back to the original version. If I make an edit unrelated to the first edit and save, I lose the first edit. I am using SourceSafe. I am confused as to what might be happening. Any help would be appreciated.

I already have SourceSafe installed and have used it with ColdFusion for 6 years. This is something that has started happening since I have installed ColdFusion MX. There is a Code Rewriting setting under Files/Preferences, but none of the boxes are checked.

Are you using trusted cache?

With trusted cache enabled, ColdFusion will only access the template cache—even if the template itself is modified. This can be problematic if developers expect to see changes when files are modified. To introduce modified templates into the cache with out restarting the ColdFusion server, disable trusted cache and make a request to each modified template. Trusted cache can then be turned back on.

The problem is that I am saving the code after an edit. The change is reflected when I refresh the page. It is when I go back and open the code itself that it has reverted back to its original revision. Example: I am trying to fix these line of code

<!---

<A HREF="dept_select.cfm?CreateProject=Yes" TARGET="right" onMouseOver="over(this)" onMouseOut="out this, 'sub')"><LI>Create Project<A HREF="dept_select.cfm?ProjectStatus=Yes" TARGET="right" onMouseOver="over(this)" onMouseOut="out(this, 'sub')"></a>
<LI>Update Project</a>

TO:

<A HREF="dept_select.cfm?CreateProject=Yes" TARGET="right" onMouseOver="over(this)" onMouseOut="out this, 'sub')"><LI>Create Project</a>
<A HREF="dept_select.cfm?ProjectStatus=Yes" TARGET="right" onMouseOver="over(this)" onMouseOut="out(this, 'sub')"><LI>Update Project</a>

---!

After I save the file and close it and then reopen it, the code reverts back to the original.

I do check the file in and the changes are reflected when I refresh the page.

There are only 2 of us that work with ColdFusion and I am the only one working with this code. I thought that I had heard that there was an auto-correct setting somewhere. I thought maybe this was enabled and that is why this was happening. Does this sound familar to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back