Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code issues after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpye

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
CA
Here is my dilema.....

Out wonderful IT department decided to upgrade our PC to Windows XP and Access 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1). This has caused several issues with some previously working code. When the following code is run it stops on the first line and hilights the word left and gives the message "can't find project or library". Can anyone tell me what is missing, I'm thinking access is not fully installed. Here is the code....
------------------------------------------------------------
Dim strMsg As String
Dim strApprovalNumber As String

If IsNull(Me![txtCurrentUser]) Or IsNull(Me![txtCaseNumber]) Or IsNull(Me![txtDate]) Then
strMsg = MsgBox("You have not supplied a case number.", vbOKOnly, "Missing Data")
Exit Sub
End If

' First Name Initial
strApprovalNumber = Left(Me![txtCurrentUser], 1)
' Last Name Initial
strApprovalNumber = strApprovalNumber & Mid(Me![txtCurrentUser], InStr(1, Me![txtCurrentUser], " ") + 1, 1)
' Last Four Of Case Number
strApprovalNumber = strApprovalNumber & CStr(Right(Me![txtCaseNumber], 4))
' Last Two Of Year
strApprovalNumber = strApprovalNumber & CStr(Format(Me![txtDate], "yy"))
' Random Four Digits
'Randomize
strApprovalNumber = strApprovalNumber & CStr(Format(Int((9999 - 0 + 1) * Rnd + 0), "0000"))

Me![Text69] = strApprovalNumber

End Sub

Hi,

I would first of all open the code window, then go to Tools -> References and take a look down the list and see if any of the ticked references have the word "Missing" against them - if so, untick them.

This code doesn't seem to use any DAO routines, but if there are still problems after that, I would go down the list and put a tick against the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library.

John

Thanks,

I removed the check from Shappmgr 1.0 Type Library and now the error has gone away. In fact it also corrected an issue i had opening a form as well.

Do you know what this Library is and is it something I should worry about not having/using?

Once again, thanks for the info.

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what that library is, and doing a google search for it produced no results, but doing a search for shappmgr produced an MSDN reference to the Add/Remove programs control panel - if you wanted to automate that for example.
For what it's worth, I can't see it quickly on my machine in the list - and that runs Office XP on Win2K, so I don't think its anything to worry about.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back