Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code/400 File Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMage1967

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
US
I've ran into a couple of problems with the File Designer that comes with Code/400.

It likes to change spacing command on you, so watch out.
For example, I coded a SKIPB(61), to print a historly line on line 61. The designer, when it created the DDS source for the file, changed the SKIPB(61) to a SPACEB(56). The end result was the history line floated, which was not my intent.

Also, I coded some fields to print two postions after the previous field (+2). The field incidentally begins in POS 14. When the DDS was written, the designer changed the start position of the field from (+2) to (+14). Which had the end result of shoving the data off the edge of the page.

I'm now in the habit of double checking the DDS Source BEFORE I compile the file, just to make sure the designer hasn't tried to be helpful and change my spacing commands around.

RedMage1967
IBM Certifed - RPG IV Progammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back