Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Code 39 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmattson

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
US
I'm getting the following error message after running a GWcheck. Is this anything I should be concerned about? How do I resolve the issue?

39 Unrecognized or invalid files in mail directories.. 8

Problem 39- Unknown file user4nx.db - 95232 bytes, 02/18/09 15:31
Problem 39- Unknown file useratz.db - 95232 bytes, 02/18/09 15:30
Problem 39- Unknown file useridj.db - 95232 bytes, 02/18/09 15:28
Problem 39- Unknown file userk3a.db - 95232 bytes, 02/16/09 17:01
Problem 39- Unknown file userpk2.db - 95232 bytes, 02/16/09 16:54
Problem 39- Unknown file userpke.db - 101376 bytes, 02/18/09 15:29
Problem 39- Unknown file userq9g.db - 95232 bytes, 02/16/09 17:20
Problem 39- Unknown file userqlo.db - 95232 bytes, 02/16/09 17:20

The files you have listed are user database files.

You see these kinds of errors when a user ID has been deleted from the system, but the user DB file did not get removed. So you get error 39 telling you that userXXX.db file exists, but the system can not find the user FID in the GroupWise database. I mostly see these when a Live User Move operation is performed, and there was a problem with the user DB as it was moved off the system requiring a forced complete. This will leave the DB intact inthe old PO. As this may be your live PO, that may not be the problem (but do ask your self, have you EVER moved users off this PO to another?). Other ways for this to occure is if you had communication issues when user ID were being deleted.

FID = File ID. The FID will be the last three characters in the file name. So the file userql0.db will tell you the FID is ql0.

First thing to check is if the user the FID belongs to is actually on the system. In ConsoleOne, choose to view the FID and look for the FID's in question.

To view FID's in ConsoleOne, go to your GroupWise view. Then at the top of ConsoleOne, click on the menu item "View" and click "Edit Columns". Look for "File ID" in the "Available Fields" on the right and add it to your "Selected Columns".

This will be a painfull manual scan and will tell you what the GroupWise database thinks. If you can not find the user FID, then proceed to the next step.

The FID is also stored in eDirectory under the attribute name "NGW: File ID". use DSReport (download from this site ) and do a search in eDir.

If both places you can not find the FIDs for the files in question, it is safe to just delete them (be sure you back them up first).

If you do find the FID in the GroupWise DB or eDir, you may have some fixing to do.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple[/color red] Novell Platinum Partner Microsoft Gold Partner
VMWare Enterprise Partner Citrix Gold Partner

I didn't find any associated FIDs so I removed the userxxx.db files and reran the gwcheck and all is good.

Thanks Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back