Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cobolscript Professional startup failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS815

Technical User
Apr 28, 2002
US
I recently purchased Cobolscript Professional. I have installed 3 different web servers on my Win98 machine, Xitami, OmniHTTP and Abyss. Depending on which server is running I get these results when using a Netscape browser with the startup URL (127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/cobolscript.exe).

Error Number 001: could not open file, file may not exist -c

Blank green window with the title Control Panel

A new small window with the cobolscript startup text, like you would see if you started the program from the command line with no options.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Steve,
I've not got Cobolscript so can't really help too much, but the only thing that occurs to me is that you state the error happens in Netscape. I'm aware that Netscape has problems referencing URLs that have spaces in them, and wonder if your combination of a domain address (rather than a domain name) mixed with the physical location is another Netscape oddity. Have you tried it under another browser?
Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back