Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cobol program data file

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkParadox

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
US
This has nothing to with codeing...

My school gave me a copy of Cobol on two disks and a cd.
I tried to install Cobol on my computer but when I setup the cobol program there is this file "data2" that will not respond because it says that the file on the disk is from a server. Well any help will be good. If I can find this "data2" file on the web or find a way to get it to work off my diskett. well thanks...[hammer]

What is this COBOL named?

How should 'data2' respond?

Important details are missing from your post.

Hi Dark,
Sorry to state the obvious, but if your school has given you a set of disks which they assume will load OK on your home computer, but don't, then I suggest your first port of call ought to be the school. We are more than willing to help, but I feel that the problem you are experiencing will be better off dealt with locally by your school.
Marc

Sorry about that, I was missing a file from the actuall rmcobol program, but it's cool now I went to school the next day and got if off one of the computer and now it work, ready for some more programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back