Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cobol Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

boschwakka

Technical User
Sep 2, 2015
ZA
hi there
We have been developing a point of sale program over the last 25 years and weused to run it on Zenix then Unix and now linux
what we are descovering is that we always printed to the physical device being ( /dev/lp0 for parallel printer or /dev/ttyS0 for serial printer) which are dot matrix printers NOW we are getting where there are lazer printers that are not epson compatable and have there own printing language like the new canon lazer black and white,

What i would like to find out is how do we link from acu-cobol to cups interface and pass the printinfo to cups which prints to the printer no problem BUT if i do a directory dump to /dev/usb/lp0 it does not work

and in windows how to call up the windows printers and link to that .

thanks in advance

from mark

Mark, welcome to Tek-Tips.

Since you say you "have been developing" this application, I presume you have the source, and are using the AcuCOBOL development system.

While there are AcuCOBOL developers on this list (I am not one of them), you can probably get a more direct response to your inquiry on the Micro Focus Community AcuCOBOL Forum (registration required to post - free). In addition to asking a larger community of AcuCOBOL users, the forum is also monitored by the AcuCOBOL development and support teams within Micro Focus.

I would also suggest that when posting your request, you give more complete details about your development environment, especially AcuCOBOL and Linux versions.

Good luck!

Tom Morrison
Hill Country Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back