Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cobol newbie, need some help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobman

Programmer
Oct 27, 2004
NO
Hello!
Im brand new to cobol, and need some help. Just making a simple program. Two entry-fields (number1 and number2). A third entry-field that is supposed to display the multiply result of number1 + number2. A push-button is supposed to "trigger" the numb1 + numb2.
..... it does not work... :(

In the scr section the pk-s-answer, number1 and number2 are entry-fields. comon..its my first program.. :)

The push-button is called "calc-button".

src-section:

when calc-button
compute pk-s-answer = pk-s-number1 + pk-s-number2.
display pk-s-answer.

I guess im missing something here.. I get no errors when I compile it, but the result does not display when I push the button...

Thanks!! :)

Compelling narrative... But that one line of code doesn't start to be helpful. You'll need to show more.

Hi!

Ok.. I see.. Dont have the code infront of me now, so I'll post it when I get home. Thanks 4 responding, hope you take a look at it again. Think its minor ajustments.

Thanks!

cob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back