Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cobol decompiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

salk61

Programmer
Jan 3, 2005
MX
i am searching for a cobol decompiler for a unix platform
somebody can help me please

I have the source programs but its not corresponding to all programs in production

thanks a lot

Which Unix platform?

Which compiler?

Not corresponding.... How do you know? What symptoms are displayed?

Tom Morrison

We are working with:
Micro focus cobol, AIX 4.3.2.0 operating system and platform RISK 6000. We have the next problem:
We have all the source programs (182) but all them are not the lastet releases. I am sure because when i compile a program it size of the objet program generated its diferent that the same program in production.
Example PROGAM "X" SIZE 80988 in equipment 1n PROGRAM "X" SIZE 80500 in equipment 2. And when the program is executed the result aren´t the same
we are searching for a cobol decompiler
Somebody can help us??
thank you

Are you sure you compile with the same options ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

To answer your specific question, I do NOT think there is any "de-compiler" for Micro Focus COBOL (on any platform). There are de-compilers for IBM mainframe COBOL - but that is the only platform/compiler that I know about.

If you have .INT or .IDY files for your Micro Focus object CODE, you *might* be able to reconstruct your original source from that - but I find it pretty doubtful.

As stated by others, the symptoms you report are pretty typical for recompiling the SAME source code- but with different (Micro Focus) compiler options/directives.

Bill Klein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back