Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COBOL BULL DPS7 AND PLC COMAND FOR HP PRINTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmabrevets

Programmer
Jan 17, 2001
FR
I WOULD lIKE TO PUT IN MY COBOL PROGRAMS some commands that could be interpreted by hp laser printer .
For example , a pcl command for hp printer is

ESC &1l0H (lower case L ,number zero)[this sequence is for a new page control code] , how can i generate this command in my cobol program?
i use cobol bull dps7.
Tahnks..

Hi,

In my COBOL environment, I write to a binairy file which is assigned to the printer - in my case LPT1 - and write the code just like you have it here from a working-storage field that has the right value.

Does this help you?

I am not sure if this will affect you because my Bull COBOL was on the DPS6, not 7, but just writing the line as Crox suggests may not work as it may insist on attaching carriage control characters of its own the the control line that you're writing. If it does that, you can try adding your HP-escape sequence to the end of the previous line or at least WRITE the line after advancing 0 lines so that the carriage control will not actually do anything. Betty Scherber
Brainbench MVP for COBOL II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back