Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COBOL BOOKS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

srkss

Programmer
May 24, 2001
IN
as i am very new to cobol programming,i need simple and apt reference book as well as free e-book in web(other than (ibm site).

Hi

You can download a full set of manual in pdf format from Fujitsu Software Corp. - URL : You will find them very useful as a starting point to use cobol (Powercobol)..

Hope in this help.
Gianni

You may also find some cool stuff at mvs.com and xephon.com.
Happy hunting, Jim x-)

I'm told there are a number of cobol compilers available for a PC, reasonably-priced, running under Win98/NT2000?? What's recommended for novice who hasn't used cobol in about 20 years and doesn't remember much of it.

Get Fujitsu COBOL. All the others require run-time licenses if you want to make commercial applications. Fujitsu compilers come with several books, including "Sam's COBOL n 24 Hours" by Thane Hubbel.

Stephen J Spiro

Hi D,

I got "Sam's COBOL n 24 Hours" by Thane Hubbel @ half.com for $11.00 + s&h.

Jack

Betty - very nice.

Would you like to add your site to the "All Things COBOL" webring? If so, email me - thane@softwaresimple.com and I'll point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back