Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO line Hanged

Status
Not open for further replies.

hengcs

MIS
Oct 16, 2001
MY
My company is using Definity. My PABX version is Release 4 and using CO line as my Trunk line. Now, I had faced line hang problems. Whenever I try to use remote access, 2 trunk members will be hanged and they are holding each other. How can I solve it besides manually busyout and release it ? As I know, Definity Release 9 only can set the trunk line busyout and release automatically after it exceed a period of time.

Thanks for your help.

Hi
Where are you?
I mean what type of CO trunk disconnect used in your location?
For example, in Russia used only busy-tone from CO switch to subscribers.
In that situation the best solution is to use external disconnector devices or use busy tone disconnect with Definity version 9.

When you use the CO trunk the problem of trunk hang would be there has to be an external disconnector to put the lines back in idle condition, However you can still try with marking "disconnect supervision in & out" as "y" because this is the figure which checks for the trunk service. Hope this should work .

Regards :)

Speak to your line provider and find out what the clear disconnect time is set to at the exchange. it will need to be around 800ms if it is not it will lock up the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back