Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cmyk slider adjustment issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkon

Technical User
Sep 11, 2006
US
I've had this problem for a while (back in Illustrator 7) and it has bugged me, but never enough to really try to solve it. Here it is:

I'm trying to do a color test sheet for a new plotter. I created swatches of solid and gradient color-white of pure Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black. I set all values for each at 100%. When I move back to one of the swatches I find that, for instance, I find that my formerly 100% Cyan block is now 69.41C 14.9M or pure black turning into 69.8C 67.45M 63.92Y 74.12K.

What the hell is going on? Is it something stupid I am doing or is it something stupid Illustrator is doing.

Thanks for your knowlege and experience.

Try clicking on the flyout in the swatches pallette - Open swatch library/default cmyk and use those. See if they hold.

Don't know why your's are not holding. I do not experience that. I've always found that the #1 cause of problems with Adobe apps is corrupted preferences. You might try trashing those and see if it helps.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Are you by chance working in RGB mode? You can still access the CMYK color picker, but RGB will not be able to hold the colors you pick in CMYK, so it translates them back and forth funny.

The color picker is a problem (I have found) in Illustrator and InDesign both.
It ain't so hot in Photoshop either but what are you gonna do?
i would do as jmgalvin suggests (swatch palette) and just check and see if your document is set to RGB.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back