Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgimacb

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2006
US
Vector Wish List:

When troubleshooting call routes in a customer's system, mapping out where everything is going is a chore. There just isn't an easy way to discover call routes through all of the VDNs, vectors and hunt groups. It seems like someone out there should have written some sort of program that you can input the data from VDNs and vectors and it can build a "map" for you. Sort of like visual vectors, except that visual vectors depends on the customer having that application running on a CMS. There are tools out there to map out links from web pages, which is similar to routing calls, but nothing that really does the trick

Here is what I'm envisioning:

1) Export the existing data from the PBX. This could be through using ASA, Terminal Emulator or Provision, (though I would rather lean more towards something like ASA for simplicity sake). The data could be exported either to normal text file, such as how it's displayed on the screen or it could be exported as a comma delimited file.

2) Import the extracted data from PBX into mapping tool. This mapping tool could be something as simple as a web page to where the steps are hyperlinked to their destination. For example, if you click on the vector number in the displayed VDN it takes you to that Vector number. Click on a step in the vector and it takes you to that destination. It's easy enough to get a graphical representation of a series of web pages, so if the steps are hyperlinked to each other that should be able to be converted into a visual map of all of the links, which would be the same as mapping out the call flow.

I'm not interested in changing vectors through a tool such as this, at least not yet, but it sure would make it easier to determine what the call paths are...

I certainly don't consider myself to be a software programmer.
Possibly using Python to interpret the data in exported files and convert it to hyperlinked web pages. There should be enough HTML tools out there already to serve the purpose of the visual map of the linked pages.

The coolest thing would be if any of you know of something already to keep us from reinventing the wheel.

Please refer to thread690-806441

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back