Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Supervisor Licenses 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJPlaZma

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
US
I'm the Telecom Administrator, but CMS belongs to our Call Center. They've asked me to determine how many Supervisor licenses we a) have and b) are using. Can someone guide me through this? All I know about CMS is how to log in and do a back up.

A MILLION thanks.

Per Avaya Support:
Start a terminal session or log on at the CMS server console. Log in as "root." At the pound prompt type:

# cmssvc

This will return a menu of choices. Choose #1, "auth_display."

This will return a list of system authorized features. There will be an entry at the bottom that says: "Simultaneous CentreVu Supervisor Logins" and lists the corresponding number of licenses.

Type "exit" at the pound sign to terminate your user session

from the # run the command 'who'. That will show you who is logged into CMS.

w|grep chip|wc -l

The 'w' is an abbreviated 'whodo' command. 'grep' is the UNIX equivalant of find. 'chip' is a process that is unique to CentreVu Supervisor. 'wc' is a UNIX command for word count. The -l option tells the system to count the lines. The output will tell you the active CentreVu Supervisor sessions in progress at that time.

Kevin

GREAT information. Thanks, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back