Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS SPI session error

Status
Not open for further replies.

robonix

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
JP
Dear All

I am getting an error and it has now become extremely difficult for me to troubleshoot...

The error is " SPI session error: data collection session is down"

My CMS gets the data from my switch (S8700 V11) through a dedicated CLAN...

The network connectivity between the CLAN and the CMS is absolutely fine and with no problems...

Still I get a " SPI session error: data collection session is down" error on my CMS and I am losing data from the switch...

There are many instances when the ACD-link on CMS goes down and comes up immediately thus causing the same error on CMS..

But still the CMS-CLAN connectivity remains intact...

Any ideas how this can be resolved or is this a bug with the Centre Vu software on CMS ?

Regds

Robonix.

Is this link feed by a crossover cable or is via the normal lan? and what type of C-Lan is being used 799 799B 799C or 799DP?
If it is a 799DP try turning auto-negotiation off and hard setting on both the C-Lan and the CMS's NIC also make sure the firmware on the C-Lan is the latest. If the link is via a network switch and it it made by Cisco make sure that both ends are hard set and auto negotiations is turned off.
How do you know if the connection is good. A ping only tests the base functions and not the higher level of the stack. Try using netstat -i on the cms and see if there are any errors on the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back