Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Solaris is Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

MQH12

Technical User
Aug 2, 2010
US
Hello - I am trying to get into the Sun server with the root & password. When I go to the terminal it says Server locked by root. Enter password to unlock. I tried to enter the password, but nothing was typing. I hit a few F1's etc to see if something would come up, but nothing. I was gonna reboot, but I wanted to ask you all first before we rebooted. Anyone had this issue before? What am I missing?
Yes I was using the correct keyboard.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

What model Sun Server are you using? The enterprise servers (E3500) had a key that when put into the correct position would lock the server. Just a though but something to look for.

The actual box is a Sparc Enterprise T5120. I still can not get the password to take. The curser just sits there and will not type anything. Waiting to hear.

Try dialing into the modem port and logging in as root. Do a 'who -u' and look for the process ID for the root login on the console port. type 'kill -9 [process ID]'. That should log root off of the console.

If you can't get in with the root password from the modem, call Avaya. They have a backdoor login (root2). Have them reset the root password. You will have to pay for the reset.

Kevin

You've probably already done this; but have you unplugged the keyboard and plugged it back in?

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

We did try the unplug keyboard thing. May have to log in thru the modem as suggested. Ill let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back