Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Reporting Avail -> Other -> ACD instead of Ring. Calls not counting for Summary reports

Weslee

Technical User
Sep 5, 2024
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have an issue in CMS. On an Agent Trace Report, many calls for a particular queue are coming in with the agent going Avail -> Other -> ACD instead of Avail -> Ring -> ACD. This is preventing the calls from being counted in the Summary reports, which is obviously a lot more convenient for managers to look at than having to dig through Agent Traces to get accurate call numbers. It only seems to be this particular queue. I have every VDN and Hunt set to measure either both or external.

We were running Avaya Aura 8.1.3 when we noticed the issue and we just upgraded to 10.2. I saw there was a similar question on here posted in 2002 with no replies.

Anyone have any thoughts? I plan on putting a ticket in with Avaya, but they typically want me to solve half the issue before they're willing to help and then are about as helpful as a paper umbrella in a hailstorm and we spend three hours for them to tell me information that I already put in the ticket.

If you had said the issue was related to a particular agent, I would've said you likely have "auto answer" for that agent turn on.

But "calls for a particular queue" is a bit boggling ...

Just kind of thinking out loud:

In
Code:
hunt-group xx
what do you have set for Multiple Call Handling? In that same form, what is your Group Type?

Compare those two settings to an queue that rings as you expect. I think the ucd settings under Group Type may force calls...

If you had said the issue was related to a particular agent, I would've said you likely have "auto answer" for that agent turn on.

But "calls for a particular queue" is a bit boggling ...

Just kind of thinking out loud:

In
Code:
hunt-group xx
what do you have set for Multiple Call Handling? In that same form, what is your Group Type?

Compare those two settings to an queue that rings as you expect. I think the ucd settings under Group Type may force calls...
Some more details that I should have probably mentioned, out large contact center area is just fine and it does not seem to be affecting them from what I can see. It's some of the smaller expert areas that are seeing this. So calls may hit a couple other places before they get to their queue.

I too thought about Auto-Answer being an issue, which is the first thing I tried to switch up. I added whispers to all of the skills to get them some "ring" time.

Multiple Call Handling is set to "none" and should be on all of our hunt groups. We're running on ead-mia for any of the queues that agents need to log in for. That is across the board, so includes the affected and non-affected splits.

I honestly think there has to be something being lost when going from one vector to another or certain VDNs/Vectors are causing issues, but I absolutely cannot for the life of me see any differences between the ones having issues and the ones that aren't. I very much may need to just wait for Avaya to throw some things at me but wanted to toss this out there.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

On the agent set programming for that queue, what does your Active Station Ringing setting show (tab 2)?

On the agent set programming for that queue, what does your Active Station Ringing setting show (tab 2)?
That is on our station forms. Everyone in the organization is set up for if-busy-single.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back