Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Recurring instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubu2006

MIS
May 2, 2006
US
Hi,

I have few reports which users have created recurrence instances. If I update any existing report which has a recurrence instance do I have to recreate the recurrence instance all the time. I have report which is using SQL command also I have report with procedure. I am using BO XI R3 and CR XI R2.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
BB

Hi BB,

Yes, to the best of my knowledge and by experience, whenever you configure recurrence, it essentially takes a snapshot of the report [an instance] and that is what gets scheduled.

If you modify the report, it does not get applied to the previously scheduled instances.

It is a pain, but makes sense if you think about it.

Bill

In newer versions of BO/CR, you only have to reschedule if you make any changes to the parameter definitions. Any other changes will be automatically updated in the schedule.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Hi Hilfy,
Do you know what version(s) supports not needing to reschedule modified reports?
Thanks,
Bill

I know it's in 4.1, from at least SP3 (maybe earlier) and possibly in the later SPs of 4.0, but I haven't tested those.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back