Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS real-time custom report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smovk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2003
SI
I successfully modified existing real-time custom report with root username and save it with new name. Now I don’t know how to run this modified report with username, witch has only rights for run the reports and this username does not have any administrator privileges. If I try to run new modified real time custom report with this username, there is no additional data, but if I run this report with root username it works ok.

did you try to duplicate the custom report with the username you are trying to make it work on? just a thought.

The root user is not normally a valid CMS user. Did you edit the report via the CMS menus or edit by editing the report file directly?
and does the username have the permission to access the the requested data?

multibus2
That was the problem user did not have the permission to access the requested data.
I usually don`t work with CMS but it was here so it had to be done :)

I'm a little confused with your question so I hope I don't make this any worse. In terminal emulation go to custom reports/edit report. If you can find the report you can check/change the report access to global from private it defaults to private. Also this should never be done under the root login and in fact I'm surprised that the system would even allow it. If the problem is from 1 user from supervisor go to user permissions drop down to feature access enter the id in question and see if they have access to custom reports, if not add it. Hope this is helpful

Wheb you run the CMS menus or use supervisor provided you are flaged as a CMS Administrator you will see an option called User permissions in there you will be able to allocate permission to CMS users. If you don't see this option the login you are using to access the CMS is not an administrator

With this username I did not have permission for the skill I needed, so I administrated these permissions with root user for this user name and it worked just fine.
Any way I need this real-time report so I can transmit this data on wallboard.

HI Smovk

I wanted to know how did you modified the real-time report. The method that i use is i run the report which is most similar to the report that i want and then i go to report tab and then the design option in that. After which i do the modification but this through CMS supervisor application

The other method that i am aware is through the CMS Supervisor application's report designer option.

Which method do you use since i have to design a lot of process required reports which are very different from each.
Your help could same some time of mine if your method is better.

Thanks in advance

Custom real-time reports are stored in
/cms/db/gem/r_custom
You can use (ls -l) to determine date last modified or you can use (cat cr_r_XX|pg) to get more specific info.
Once you verify the appropriate unix report name use
(chmod 777 cr_r_XX). This will give you read/write permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back