Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS R18/R19 cannot ping - CM processor channel down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bankingguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2017
SG
Backstory:

We uploaded CMSR19 on a full VMware environment (6.7)
CM is integrated with CMS successful. I can ping CMS and perform SSH.
Avaya enabled CMS HA.
June 15 - CM and CMS link down. CM cannot ping CMS. I cannot ping CMS from my laptop BUT i can SSH.
From June 15, the vmware team is perform stress testing on the physical hardware where the CMS is loaded. Suspecting that the VMware VMotion move the CMS from a different physical host. Avaya clearly states that CMS don't support VMotion.

I want to understand, how CMS is being implemented from scratch. Do we need to disable the firewall of CMS during the installation stage? Practically after uploading it on Esxi host and powering it on.

Because vendor is claiming that the issue i stated above is because of Linux Firewall of CMS R19. I'm caught in between if this is a real firewall issue or due to VMotion. Please note that CMS and CM are on the same subnet with NO FIREWALL in between.

Hi kyle,

Already did several times, samething.

Maybe vmotion buggered the processor channel.

I know there's a busy communication-interface processor-channel that worked once upon a time for me.

i think you busy the MIS link, disable a syslink, and busy com pro or something

it was brought up. But I'm not comfortable with the data integrity in CMS now since I already have an obvious issue. all other ports got blocked all of a sudden which it shouldn't be since no one is touching the servers. So planning to re-load the OVA and start from scratch. Configuration is empty but requires avaya intervention to do HA config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back