Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS queued calls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

no25

Technical User
Jan 25, 2004
PH
Here at work I experienced some calls were still queued for a long time even though no agents were logged-on. What can I do to solve it and prevent it from happening in the future?

Can you provide more detailed and a sample of the logic you're referencing? Are you 100% positive no agents were logged in? Are you sure the calls are not entering the queue when an agent is logged in, then they log out and there is no supporting logic to loop for time of day or check for available agents? This can leave calls abandoned if there isn't logic supporting these scenerios.

If you are not using vectors (just hunt groups), make sure that the queue is set to 0.

If you are using vectors keep reading...
To make sure that you don't have calls going into queue when there are no agents logged in make sure that you have a line like the one below for before the line in the vector that queues a call to a skill.

goto step x if staffed agents in skill xx < 1

And have step &quot;x&quot; &quot;disconnect after announcement xxxx&quot;

You can also place the same line in a vector after the line where the call was queued where you are looping the call. For example your vector could look like this:
1 Wait-time 0 seconds hearing ringback
2 goto step 8 if staffed agents in skill 14 < 1
3 Queue-to skill 14
4 wait-time 30 seconds hearing music(or ringback, silence etc)
5 goto step 8 if staffed agents in skill 14 < 1
6 goto step 4 if unconditional
7 Stop
8 Disconnect after announcement xxx
9 Stop

I hope this helps!

IPSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back