Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

seedale

Technical User
Jul 14, 2004
US

I'm gettin this error msg on CMS realtime split/skill "ACD Link is down" I've status the definity G3, and it says the link is connected/in service/idle. The board where the c-lan card resides has a fast blinking green light on it. Don't know what this means. Please help

I think it means just that - the link is down.

Check the physical connection between the back of the CLAN and the CMS. Can you connect to CentreVu - does the carrot show disconnected?

You can try to disable the link, and then enable it...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Avaya dialed into the switch to and busied out the link. The c-lan is connected via ethernet switch connection to the network. And I checked the physical connections their okay. Can you or anyone think of anything else I can check. Thanks in advance!

If you make a "status link x" (referred to the CLAN link) and it is in service/idle it means the link (with CMS)is down.
The link up status is in service/active.
I would check "display communication-interface processor-channel" just to see it shares the same information with CMS.
I would make a ping from CMS to Definity and from Definity to CMS.
I would check the CMS version administered in "system-parameters features"
And I would check the switch information in the cmssvc menu in CMS.

Probably is something wrong in any of these steps.

Alberton

To diagnose a downed link in CMS, login as ROOT and do the folloiwng command:

Tail –f /cms/pbx/acd1/spi.err

Make sure that if you have multiple ACD's running on the server, that you spicify which ACD is down (in command acd1, or acd2, etc)

This will tell you why your link is down.

Busy and Release the data Extension associated with the Link.

Thank you guys for all your help with this. After about 1 week of going between the Avaya group and our IT dept, the c-lan board was reseated and now the link is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back