Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS Phantom Abandon Call Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloriaE

Technical User
Oct 14, 2003
US
A CMScapability that trackts info about abandoned calls. When the capability is enabled, calls with a duration shorter than the administered value (0 to 10 seconds) are counted as phantom abandon calls. and setting the timer to zero disables it. I dont know where to go in CMS to set the timer to 20 seconds. It is currently turned off.

The phantom abandon call timer is used to classify calls the queue to the splits or skills, and are delivered to agents even when the calling party has disconnected.

It assumes that any call which was answered by an agent, and lasts between 1 and 10 seconds, must have abandoned and was a phantom call.

The timer cannot be set beyond 10 seconds.

The timer setting is created when the cms install script is run. It's not something you can change easily, and would require that you re-start your CMS to implement. Check the file named /cms/install/cms_install/cms.inst.skl for the parameters that would need to be set to re-create your installation file.

The timer is ONLY necessary when your local Central Office does NOT provide disconnect supervision. If you use T1's to carry your call center traffic, you probably do not need the phantom abandon timer setting. Disconnects across T1's generally take less than one second to complete.

If you are simply trying to ignore calls below 20 seconds in length, I suggest that you look into re-defining your call profiles. That is something that can easily be done and would provide you the same information.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Hi Dufus2506,

I am interested in providing reports which discount calls 20 seconds and below in length. I'm familiar with how to access the Skill Call Profile Setup but am unsure how to apply the desginated seconds to my increments.

Would you be able to help?

Thank you,
cmick

based on the values you enter in the split/skill profile setup, you will have populated a value for 10 different time buckets. I will assume for the sake of this explanation that your first 2 buckets are 10 and 20.

a %abandoned calculation that looks at abncalls/callsoffered would be altered to look at (abncalls - abncalls1 - abncalls2) / callsoffered

you will need to think about this for any canned calculation that looks at abncalls.

Hi Can someone tell me on investigation i checked the above script /cms/install/cms_install/cms.inst.skl i also found a file called cms.install in the same directory on browsing this it appears this may hold the settings from the above script as the options choose in this script appear to match our current cms setup. Can i just modify the (# Enter the Phantom Abandon Call Timer value in seconds (0-10):
0 ) the 0 in this script and reboot the box to change the phantom timer or is more than this required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back