Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CMS ODBC and SQL 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

caper11752

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2008
CA
Hello,

Recently we purchased a 2008 Windows Server (64-bit) with SQL 2008. We are going to be using this server as a Reporting depository and as such are looking at copying over the CMS databases (dsplit, dvdn, etc.) to SQL 2008. Currently we have CMS 14 and OpenLink 5.2 ODBC client side drivers but from what I read, these drivers will not work with SQL 2008. Can someone confirm? If not, what drivers do I need and how can I get them?

I don't know anything about SQL 2008 but I do know that Avaya is moving away from OpenLink ODBC. Beginning with Release 15, it will no longer be supported. Avaya is selling R15 with the Informix ODBC and JDBC interfaces available as standard. To facilitate the switchover they have a PSN, PSN002205u, that describes how to activate IBM Informix ODBC or JDBC on R12, R13, R13.1, R14 and R14.1 systems.

Since you are starting from scratch I would investigate using Informix ODBC from the get go.

OK, so I had Avaya activate the IBM drivers on the server, now can someone tell me where I might be able to get the client side drivers?

You'll have to set up an account on the IBM web site (free of charge).

Here's the link on the IBM site to the ODBC driver:

preconfig.jsp?id=2007-11-08+12%3A27%3A16.258747R&S_TACT=104CBW71&S_CMP
=

Once you open the zip file, the file to extract and install for ODBC is named IBM Informix
Client-SDK.msi.

Thanks for the replies. So, since I'm on a 64-bit platform I can't use ODBC drivers, instead I have to use JDBC?? Does this sound correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back